I love this recipe because it is so versatile! You can use whatever veggies you want and use left over sauce for any number of things like a noodle dish, salad dressing, or as a dip for veggies!
Serving Size: About 8 slices
Prep Time: 10-20 minutes
Cook Time: Varies depending on pizza dough cooking instructions
Items You’ll Need:
- Your choice of pizza dough- I used just a basic dough from the store
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut milk
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 tsp Powdered Ginger
- 4 TBS Coconut Aminos or Soy sauce (**keep in mind soy sauce is saltier, so you might want to add gradually to taste)
- 2 TBS Rice vinegar
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Carrot, grated
- 1/2 Zucchini, sliced
- 2-3 Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- A few crescent moon slices of Red onion
- 1/8 Bell pepper, sliced (I used and orange bell pepper)
- Ground pepper (opt.)
- Vegan cheese
- Follow pizza dough instructions for preheating oven and letting dough rest at room temperature for a certain amount of time
- Cut and prep all veggies
- To make the Peanut Sauce:
- ** This recipe makes a lot of sauce! If you like your pizza saucey then keep the recipe as is. Otherwise, cut the recipe in half)
- Combine peanut butter, coconut milk, juice from lime, powdered ginger, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), rice vinegar, and garlic in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Spray a baking sheet or use a nonstick sheet (I use coconut oil spray)!
- Stretch out your pizza dough to desired thickness and length.
- Smear a good amount of the sauce over the dough.
- Add vegan cheese on top of your sauce. You can use as little or as much as you want!
- Place veggies on top! I saved some shredded carrot to put on top of my pizza when it came out of the oven because a good amount of it shrank up while cooking.
- Cook pizza according to instructions on package. Usually about 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- When the pizza is done squeeze some lime over the top, sprinkle with remaining shredded carrots, and top with ground pepper.
- Slice and Enjoy!:)