Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30-40 mins
Serving Size: varies, depends on how many you want/ make
Items You’ll Need:
- Sharp knife
- Cooking pot
- Nori Sheets
- Brown Rice
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado
- Shredded carrots
- 1 medium Cucumber
- 1 Mango
- Start by making your brown rice. You can add a little sugar to make them more sticky or follow a sushi rice recipe.
- Add 2 cups of brown rice and 4 cups water to a large pot
- Bring to a rolling boil then cover and let simmer until cooked thoroughly. (about 20-35 minutes)
- Start prepping your fruits and veggies!
- Cut avocado in half length wise and de-pit. Peel off the skins and slice thinly. Set aside.
- Cut and de-pit your mango. Peel off the skins and slice thinly. Set aside
- Peel your cucumber and slice thinly. Set aside.
- I bought already shredded carrots, but you can purchase one large carrot and peel it then slice thinly.
- Now time to build!
- *Make sure your rice isn’t too hot!
- Start by laying our your nori sheet and spreading a thin layer of brown rice over the entire sheet.
- Now add your veggies in a straight line down the middle. I added a squeeze of lime over the avocado so that they didn’t brown.
- Now roll them up and use a sharp knife to cute 1/2- 1 inch rounds.
- These can be kept in the fridge for up to a week, but the rice may get a little hard.