Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: about 12 pieces of bread
Items You’ll Need:
- 1 small bowl
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 bread pan
- Mixing Spoon
- Blender or Food processor
- Parchment paper or non stick spray (I use coconut oil spray from Trader Joes)
- 3- 4 Bananas
- 1/3 cup of Nut milk (I have used both coconut milk and almond milk)
- 2 Flax eggs- 2 TBS Ground flax (or flax meal) and 4 TBS Water
- 1/2 cup Organic sugar
- 21/2 cup Rolled oats
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- You will want to make your flax egg. Simply combine ground flax and water then set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl mash up 3 bananas. You can use a fork for this step! Make sure your bananas get super mushy.
- Add nut milk, sugar, and flax eggs to your banana mixture.
- In a blender or food processor add 2 cups of rolled oats (you can add your baking powder at this step as well to ensure it is mixed properly). Blend until you have created a fine flour like substance.
- Add your ‘oat flour’ to the banana mixture as well as the remaining rolled oats and salt.
- Mix thoroughly
- Bake for one hour or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #healwithfoodblog if you make one of my recipes on Insta:)