Prep time: 2 hours- 1 day
Total time: 2 hours and 15 minutes- 1 day
Serving: Makes about 2-3 cups of ‘cheese’
Items you will need:
- Food processor (or high powered blender)
- 2 cups of Raw Cashews
- 3/4 cup of Nut milk (I like unsweetened almond or coconut the best)
- 1 Lemon
- 2-4 TBS Nutritional Yeast (depending on preference)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Soak cashews for at a minimum of 2 hours; preferably overnight, to get them soft and plump. Use enough water to cover the cashews and about an inch of excess because they will retain some of the water.
- Drain and rinse your cashews and add them to a food processor.
- Add all other ingredients to the food processor.
- Begin processes all ingredients pausing to periodically scrape the sides of the food processor down. This step can take up to 10 minutes depending on the power of your food processor.
- Continue processes until your ‘cheese’ is fluffy and smooth.
- Use in place of ricotta in all your fav recipes or simply to dunk veggies in!