Prep Time: 10-20 mins
Cook Time: 30-40 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serving Size: 2-4
Items You’ll Need:
- Cutting board
- Sharp chefs knife
- Large nonstick pan
- 2 Medium pots, 1 lid
- Avocado oil
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 medium Bell peppers
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- Taco seasoning
- Himalayan Pink Salt (this is always my go to)
- 2 cups Brown rice, 4 cups of Water
- 2 cans of Black beans (or pinto)
- 1 head of Green leafy lettuce
- 1 small can of Black olives (sliced)
- 1 bundle of Cilantro
- 1/4 cup of Mini heirloom tomatoes (or tomatoes of your choice)
- 1 container of Pico de gallo (or salsa of your choice)
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado
- Start by making your rice as this will take the longest to cook.
- Add your rice and water to a medium sauce pan (be sure to use a 1:2 ratio of rice to water).
- Bring water to a rolling boil, put lid on, and bring temperature to low.
- While your rice is cooking cut up your onions and bell peppers into thin ribbon like pieces and place in a large pan with a touch of avocado oil.
- Dice garlic and set aside.
- Cook onions and bell peppers until tender then add in your garlic, a generous layer of taco seasoning (until desired amount), and a pinch of salt.
- Continue to cook your veggies until they become carmely- be sure to occasionally stir and flip so they don’t burn.
- While your veggies and rice are cooking prep your toppings and put them into containers (personally I put them in tupperware because I save a lot of them)
- Cut tomatoes in fourths
- Slice up your avocado
- Mince the cilantro
- Rinse olives
- Cut and wash the lettuce
- Open pico de gallo
- Slice lime into triangles
- Rinse your beans and put them in a medium pot with a cup of water.
- Bring beans to a boil.
- Build your salad!
- You can build your salad however you’d like. Time to get creative!