Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: Up to 30 mins
Serving Size: 8 pancakes
Items you’ll need:
- Coconut oil- for the pan
- Frying pan
- Vegan butter
- Maple syrup and/or other toppings of your choice
- 2 Cups Spelt flour
- 2 TBS Baking powder
- 2 TBS Organic sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2- 2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut milk or Unsweetened Almond milk (I have tried both ways and love them equally)
- 1/4 Cup of Avocado Oil (or other veggie oil)
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl- spelt flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a medium mixing bowl add wet ingredients- 11/2 cup coconut milk and oil.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Add additional coconut milk until desired consistency.
- Allow your mixture to sit and rise for 5 minutes.
- While your pancake batter is resting heat your frying pan over medium high heat and add about a teaspoon or so of coconut oil to prevent your pancakes from sticking.
- Pour your pancake mixture into the frying pan- I do about 3/4 a cup of batter at a time).
- Using the side of your measuring spoon even out the batter in the pan in a circular motion.
- Let the pancake cook until there are no more bubbles formed in the top side of the pancake.
- Once there are no more bubbles flip your pancake over and allow the other side to cook- this should take no more than a minute.
- Repeat steps 8-11 until all your batter has been used.
- Add your favorite toppings (I like vegan butter, coconut yogurt, bananas, and maple syrup) and ENJOY!:)